Building and Pest Inspection
Why you need a Building and Pest Inspection:
- Identify safety hazards and major defects
- Plan your maintenance, repairs or renovations
- Deal with problems in your existing home before they worsen
- Identify any live termite or timber pest activity
- Identify any damage that has been caused by termites & other pests
- Evidence of past termite or timber pest treatments
- Assessment of conditions affecting the property which may be conducive to termite activity
What you get
An easy to understand, jargon-free report within 24 hours of your inspection and the opportunity to discuss the findings with the inspector.
We will also help you understand the risks, if any, of undetected defects. You will also know what factors may have limited the report so you can make an upfront, informed decision.
The report will include:
- Identification of major hazards safety hazards, such as structural issues or suspected Asbestos
- Identification of minor defects, such as expected property maintenance
- Overview on the presence and/or workings of termites or timber pests
- Review of any present conditions that may attract or assist termite or timber pest infestation
- Detailed photos describing defects
- Information on the works that may be required to rectify defects or issues
- Recommendations of appropriate trades to perform necessary works
Get peace of mind from a knowledgeable builder that has extensive experience building in your local area. Get a professional sounding board for your new project or purchase.
Importantly – and unlike standard pest inspectors – we can also give you advice from the perspective of a builder as to the severity of building damage caused by termites or other timber pests. We use this background knowledge to identify whether specialist engineering assessments are required, and otherwise what works are required, by which trades, to undertake rectification.
- Roof exterior
- Roof interior (roof void)
- Under the floor (if applicable)
- Interior and exterior of the house
- Other structures on the property like garages, car ports and sheds
- The site itself including drainage, retaining walls and fencing
The following list is an example of the types of issues or areas of the house that are excluded from the inspection. Speak with your building inspector about any concerns and refer to the terms and conditions for more details.
There will always be exclusions but we are up front about what these are and we will help you make an individual assessment about the level of risk they present in each home.
- Issues related compliance with the building regulations and acts.
- Anything below ground (footage, draining, soil conditions)
- Anything concealed within the walls like insulation, plumbing and electric wiring.
- Too high? Second story roofs can be inspected by prior arrangement.
- Explanation of title or ownership matters, zonings.
To add to your Building and Timber Pest Inspection Report, use our additional services, including:
- Asbestos Inspections (Visual and Sampling)
- Premium Inspections (includes inspection of Electrical, Plumbing and Gas facilities)
- Smoke Alarm and Detector Inspections
- Pool Safety Inspections
If we believe that you require further specialist inspections, we will recommend them accordingly.
What others are saying
"It definitely helped me to understand potential additional costs and priority of work to be done. "Apr 16, 2014 by Jennifer FrahmInspector: Jim's Building Inspections (St Kilda, VIC)
"Murray arrived on time and did a wonderful inspection. He pointed out defects that we didn't know we had."Jun 26, 2014 by Jean KyleInspector Jim’s Building Inspections (Burleigh Waters, QLD)
"I would recommend Graeme to my friends if they needed a building report. "Apr 29, 2014 by G. BayleyInspector: Jim’s Building Inspections (Geelong, VIC)
"Jack Oddy come out to my new house and I was impressed with his promptness and attention to detail in taking his time with the inspection and emailing a full comprehensive report."Cheryl, May 2017New home inspection - Pakenham and surrounds
"I was really happy with the service I received from start to finish. Andrew was well-organized, arrived at the property on time, conducted a thorough inspection, answered all of my questions and sent a comprehensive report to me via email on the same day. Having a building inspection done was well worth the money because I was provided with a list of all of the potential problems which needed to be addressed with the property, many of which I would not have noticed myself. Very happy to recommend this service."April 22, 2015 by Marco SanInspector: Jim’s Building Inspections (Adelaide, SA)
"Neale was so helpful on the phone even before the report, which was comprehensive and easy to read...I wanted to use a local professional and that's what I got! "May 31, 2014 by Gina HillInspector: Jim's Building Inspections (South West Victoria)