Building Inspections Penrith and Surrounding Areas
Darren is your local Penrith Building Inspector, specialising in residential and commercial building inspections.
Building Inspections Penrith & Surrounding Areas:
Darren grew up in the hills district of Sydney and has worked in the construction industry for 29 years, initially in the residential industry with a carpenter-joiner trade certificate. Darren started his apprenticeship within a construction company that had a joinery shop, where he developed his eye for detail. After completing the Building Certificate IV, he then moved to a larger market, supervising high-end residential works on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Darren continued to develop his management skills and was eager to broaden his knowledge by moving into the commercial & medium density residential construction market, where he worked on award winning projects as a General Foreman and Site Manager for major construction companies. Darren lives at the foot of the mountains where, for the past 4 years, Darren has successfully run and managed small building company ‘Access Housing’, based in Western Sydney, which is focused in the residential market.
Darren was looking for a change from the high pressure and long hours of being a builder when he found Jim’s Building Inspections would be perfect to utilize his strong technical and management skills and allow him the flexibility for family life.
“Jim’s is a quality structured group, with a great deal of expertize and support, which is why I decided to become a franchisee”.
Darren enjoys soccer, motorsport, motorbike riding and relaxing at the beach.
With extensive experience in both residential and commercial construction, Darren is more than qualified to provide a range of building inspection services including:
- Standard pre-purchase building inspections
- Pre-purchase building inspections (incl timber pest inspections )
- Premium pre-purchase inspections (incorporating inspections & reports from a licensed plumber and electrician)
- New construction milestone/stage reports
- Asbestos identification, testing and registers
- Building maintenance and defect reports
- Owner builder advisory services
- Assistance with dispute resolution
- Renovation reports
- Dilapidation reports
- Various specialist building property reports